Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My week in Hong Kong

It's rather cold at night.. Here's us (roomie Emily and I) at the bus stop outside our dorm. Brrr...


And that's Jia Huan and I and Emily :) We were waiting for Jia Huan's bus back to her dorm.
At my college canteen, we met some other grace tieners. That's Ceci on the right.. she's so adorable! and Ayumi a jap student studing anthropology full time at CU. and there's a teacher who also stays at our hall occasionally.
I ate po lo gu lou gai fan! - sweet and sour chicken rice!!! yum ~

Creative publicity by some council. This is a rice cooker if you can't tell.


This one can light up when you press the button!
Speaking of publicity, in CU, there's always some groups of shouting students doing cheers all around the campus. I don't really understand what they're saying.. i try to make some sense out of it. Sometimes I only hear them shouting "UCBA" in different forms. And today, during chemistry lecture, whilst the lecturer was putting on this mini microphone, we heard a thumping like that of a heart beat. And the lecturer was like "is that my heart?". haah. naturally, it wasn't. It was the shouting students thumping just above our lecture theatre. And in the middle of class, they were all crowding outside our theatre The lecturer had to let them in and they made one big hoo-haa out of their publicity. Quite chaotic. I didn't make any sense out of it. haaaha.

My pretty roomie all dressed up for her friend's graduation phototaking session. He travelled all the way to CU to take photos with her although it's his graduation. so sweet!

Everytime I have chemistry class, I have to go down a building called "mong man wai", take the lift from the 7th to 1st floor and make my way to the science centre. It's about 15 mins away. On my first class, I didn't realise there was a lift, so i took the stairs down. And this is the view! I think the flight of stairs was never-ending.

Jia Huan and I on our way to OAL (Overseas Admissions something. hmmm. maybe i'm wrong)..

At the heart of CU. Beside the science centre and the university library! As you can tell, I'm cooolld.


Can you make out what that structure is? It's kungfu! haaa. can you see two people kicking?

On Friday night (i think), Jia Huan and I met up with her neighbour's good friend, who's hubby is an actor in "jing zhen tou" - the bad guy. The aunty's real nice. Treated us to yummy piping hot noodles and soup and a walk around avenue of stars.




Another view of some building at CU. As you can see, CU is so mountainous! Going to classes is like treking the mountains. Daily!


That's the harbour just next to CU. The view from my window overlooks the ocean. That's why its so cold at night.


A group of asians i met on exchange. That's us after I bought some lan cable for my internet from "pi'chiu building". From left: Me and my buttoks, aya (jap! who drinks alot), Juki (Indonesian who studies in SIM in singapore!), Sue (korean who went to church with me on Sunday, she's a Bible study teacher btw!), i forgot his name (another korean. He's quite nice! i just can't recall his name), Jia Huan (my Singaporean buddy whom i met on the plane! we went running last night, and she ran 10 rounds non stop! whoa! i think i ran 2, rested, ran 2, sat, walked 1...haaa.), Hyojin (korean, who lives on my block!)


The view from my window


2nd from left and 1st from right - HC and lili from Singapore - NTU.

Middle: ABC (she studies in pennstate!)

Far left - roy from smu! and 2nd from right, ting ting from NUS computing.

Far left: Kevin from ntu, he really doesn't drink.

Seth Hays (notice his surname) from Hawaii university- could be my long lost brother. Just kidding. He's a postgrad who speaks mandarin, cantonese, japanese and korean and of course english. That's us after a night out at lan kwai fung (famous place where people, especially angmohs, go to drink in the wee hours of the morning).


2nd from right: Konstantin from Germany. He's a post grad in computer science. Getting married soon! That's us on our walk back to our hostel.

3rd from right: fiona - NTU chemistry 3rd year student! yay. she's taking 2 chem modules with me. So cool! At least i won't be lonely. That's us on the KCR to kowloon tong. on the way to lan kwai fung.


Aya who drinks alot. and who splashes (her version of weeweeing on the streets).




We ate at a temple on the city tour on Saturday. That's vegetarian food. The angmohs had a hard time using the communal chopsticks. I had a hard time too.. Have to use these red chopsticks to transfer food to our spoons, put down the communal chopsticks, pick up your spoon with food in it, and eat. arghh. no wonder we didn't finish the food. It was quite fun though, had an interesting time explaining Chinese customs to the angmoh boy beside me.

Far right: That's alaykia (sp?) from US :)


Our table. Steve is the 6 footer angmoh boy next to me. He insists that the way he holds his chopsticks are correct. nooot.

At the avenue of stars!



That's Miss HK, whom my roomie informed me that people think she looks like william hung. -_^

Kung fu fighting!



All God's creation.
May His light shine upon us!




Me at the peak! cooold! brrrr.... Fear not. i wear long johns, white long sleeved turtle neck and jacket. Equipped with hot packet that turns hot when shooked.



Ice cream man on the freezing cold peak.



Hot dinner with fish skin (chinese chips) at a road side stall.

Famous Mango dessert / drinks!




That's sugar shower for krispy kreme doughnuts.


On Saturday, I made arrangements to meet with my SHIYEP (the HK trip I went for in January) friends - Stephanie, Emmy and Julia! :) They're so sweet! Arranged dim sum for our lunch, brought us out for shopping!


Then at night, I met up with Jasmine, Uncle and Auntie Foo who just arrived in HK for a week of holiday. They were so kind to bring up an electric blanket plus jeans plus jackets for me from my mom. They insisted on bringing them up for me because they knew how much I needed them. On the first night in HK, i was so cold in my bed, I trembled non stop till I cried. Really cannot stand. then I realised that silly me actually put the woollen blanket under my bed for extra comfort, so i took it out and covered myself, much better. But really thank God for this family. U. Foo carried my luggage all around till we (jia huan came too!) ate dinner (at shanghai food place), desserts (at mango place), and reached the mtr. I was so touched by their kindness. That's what being in God's family feels like. :)


Uncle Foo's Mango dessert.

Aunty Foo's red bean and carrot cake dessert.

My lunch on the previous day. Club sandwich from the canteen and campbell packet soup.

My dinner. Too tired to go Shatin with the rest.
The cheese smells so cheesy it smells like buttocks.

No comments: