Friday, March 14, 2008

Weekend adventures

Went to Guang Zhou over the weekend with mom and uncle! Visited my grand uncle and family, ate 五宝 wanton noodles, rushed to get stuff from the wholesale centres, and hurried back to Hong Kong. The bus ride (直通车) from the airport to GZ was terrible - had to get off the bus twice and fight with people to queue up at the customs. But the train ride to HK was good - no need to get off and it only took 1 hour 40 minutes compared to the 4 hours we took by bus!


Mom and I stayed at Shatin (just 2 stops away from 大学), such a convenient place - although far from city, it has a bus interchange with buses straight to the airport (just 1/2 hour and HK$20, compared to the 45mins and HK$300 by taxi!), and its hotels has much larger room sizes compared to the Mong Kok ones (maybe 5 times bigger!). Thank God my mother could come to visit me - really miss her alot! On the first day I went to the airport to meet her and my uncle and we went straight to guangzhou by bus. The next day (sunday), we came back by train and arrived at our hotel late at night. On Monday, we took the airbus to the airport to send my uncle off and then took the airport express to kowloon's element for shopping! Then I took her to Causeway bay where we went to fashion walk and some other small shopping centres and supermarkets! Went to Sogo (i think my mom enjoyed that the most), where we got some Japanese food stuff for home and for me to bring back to dorm. The next day, we met up with Roy to eat at 澳洲牛奶公司. After eating, we went to my school, and my mom cleaned up my room for me (:p).. haaha - so blessed! We met some of my dorm mates too! Then we headed to 九龙堂 and then to 旺角 for 一寿司 (people start queuing at 8.30pm for the 10pm half price offer!), where we had creative sushi for dinner! We then headed to shatin's new town plaza III, where I brought mom to see a Christian book shop, 突破, selling Chinese books and Cantonese Christian music. And then to City'super supermarket, left just before it closed. The next day, we took the airbus to the airport again, ate some dimsum and then said our "seeyouagain"s. Going to miss my family dearly...


Mom in CUHK

Anyway, I'm going to Shantou to teach little kids tomorrow (Friday)! Will come back on Sunday! Got to endure 6 hours of bus ride! aaaaaaah! Pray and hope that I'll be a blessing to everyone around me, and that God will use me to do mighty works for Him. So thankful for God in my life - i think this exchange has really taught me to depend on Him - not only for big things (like missing my test :p and the influenza outbreak) but also for small things (like making new friends and cooking a nice meal). Everyday seems to be a new testimony of His love for me. Thank you Lord!

No comments: