Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Amazing friends

It's almost the end of my exchange already... less than two weeks before i'm back in good ol' singapore. I think what makes my exchange in hk so amazing is the friends I've made - whom I feel, is the essence of my stay here. When i first applied for SEP, I didn't feel that it would be reality. But it really did come true. And I'm happy to say that I enjoyed every moment of hk. At first, I was scared and doubtful because I applied to hk alone, afraid I wouldn't be able to adapt to life alone, etc.. But God is so amazing. He blessed me with a great room mate, Emily, whom I've been able to share most of my life with, whom I've managed to learn so much from. Managed to make many many friends in hall: Yusa who's really funny and serious at the same time, Ceci who pokes my pat pat and offers me siew mai and ice cream all the time, Mancy who brought me out to sham shui po to shop for earring accessories, Rachel who often come in and offer us cookies to eat, Tracy who's really steady and helpful, Rabbit who lives opposite me and chats with me about fish and Singapore politics, Natalie who borrows my thumbdrive haha, Laura whom I've had many fun times with, her roomie who cooks really well, Fiona (HK) who always smile at me, Rice a nice girl, Bean the chem major who taught me how to do assignments, Jimmy who invited us to his home for dinner, and whom I helped sell milk tea at the carnival, William who offered me the sugared strawberry then, Kenson who takes soci class with emily and I a seriously funny boy, Ko ka yin Roy's room mate who's really funny and whom I believe makes a really good and trusting friend and who takes great pictures, Gin zhe the matron who's very personal, King zhe who's really sweet, the aunty who complains every morning who's very hardworking, Kwong shok and hong shok the two nice uncles, and the uncle who stays on our floor who cooks dessert for us every day during the study week, Lion who's very caring and friendly and often dates me for cycling, her room mate who bought the salted fish for me, Mimosa whom i first met when she came to borrow rock sugar, and all of my friends here are just from Grace tien alone! Really thankful because living in Grace tien feels so much like home. Everytime I cook, I'd have people to talk to.. even when I'm in my room studying, my friends would just budge in, chit chat and play around. Even in the wee hours of the morning.. I'd get to play around with them. It's really a whole new experience, something that I know I'd never get to experience when I'm back home in Singapore. Really thankful also to have made many good friends, both international and Singaporeans.. especially my good friend Roy whom I've learnt so much from - whom i think is the most significant person that has helped me grow - both in my thoughts and of course physically horizontal (because we always eat alot together) :) and whom I've spent most of my exchange life with, besides Emily! Really thank God for sending so many lovely people into my life.




No comments: