Thursday, June 07, 2007

i fly


yummm... this says it all. haha. new york new york was crowded yet again but the food was good and we managed to charm ourselves out of the queue to the plush green seats, which according to my friend meryl (above) are really hard. ahh.. but the food was yummy and the fellowship was fun.

my dinner. roasted chicken sandwich which costs a bomb.


that's alina balina. my fellow sc red cross mate! :) heh.. we flew all the way to new york to eat sandwich. cool eh.. see even the scenary is so beautiful



and that's weiting and meryl :) the cool dudes.. i mean dudettes.

a lil' bird left this on my window sill yesterday morning..

Have been thinking about 2 things lately: Growing up isn't like what i expected it to be. Perhaps the one thing that disgruntles me the most is that I don't seem to be growing up.. I see how people can manage and administrate things so well, yet I can't seem to get my brain moving. Maybe it's motivation. maybe it's not. but I'd really really like to prove myself wrong.. I'd like to try initiating and admistrating for once. Maybe it's not my raw material (haha. according to ortberg, we are to honor our raw material and listen to the voice of God, inorder to discern our "calling"). but maybe it's got to do with stepping out of the boat and walking on water. maybe God wants me to step out of my sampan at the point of my fears and frustrations in order to overcome them. haiyah. i also dunno.

the second thing is not much of a bother to me but just a thought.. you know when Peter stepped out of the boat and walked on water? He actually lost his focus on Jesus and turned his attention to the looming storm which finally made him sink. Ortberg gave a really interesting point that drew my attention.. Resilient people find meaning and purpose in the storm. Sometimes, God comes, not in those moments when we are most lifted up, but when we are down lowest in the place of vulnerability and fear. Sometimes he comes, not on the mountaintop, but in the storm. So yeah, it's comforting to know that God is everywhere - wherever he wants us to be and not to be.

2 comments:

. said...

Robyn seems to have so much fun in New York & in Putrajaya.

When you free? We meet up with the rest.

nsciblogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.