Tuesday, May 08, 2007

first day of work

My first day at work was a humbling experience! : ) i think brats like most of us should really try Hotel Banqueting once in a while... made me realise how blessed I am.. and how important education is! wow. I'm so thankful for my life now that i've seen a bit of what society really is, outside my sheltered zone.

Polished goblets, set tables, brought dishes for washing, skirt tables, cleared dirty cups, refilled coffee breaks, stood for 10 hours non stop, ate for 5 minutes, wow... i tell you, if given a choice, i'd rather not work there.. but you know, i'll never ever get to try such a job again, so why not? Met so many people... people who quite school at 17 to work, those who drop out of school and had not other choice but to go to shatec, those who have been working since 15 years old, and many who wow at my educational level.. weee... i guess now that my eye has seen a bit of the world, i won't take things for granted and would always be thankful for what i have!

hee. and thank God too! managed to tell 2 people about how I came to Christ. realised that many of them are interested to know more! wow... fertile ground!

argh!!! my legs are aching! hope i won't waddle like a duck today...

3 comments:

nsciblogger said...

awww... heartwarming scene..... lol.

Yay! You've finally come over to blogspot!

zieldrich said...

why are you working?
i thot u'r studying?

Hay Robyn! said...

it's the hols isn't it?