Thursday, July 10, 2008

Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly

I take a glance at my reflection in the mirror, and i ask myself. Am i ready?
Crusade camp was more than i expected it to be. I went for it, not knowing what to expect. But at the end of it, I realised that firstly, God placed me there to re-affirm and confess my promise to Him. No more stagnant moments, but a constant desire to love Him more each day. Secondly, to be there for a new friend whom i met in my CG, to pray and help her in her journey with God. Thirdly, to be part of the body of Christ in NUS, where I'd be spending most of my time in.
On another note, i've been thinking much about the body of Christ. What community essentially means. To me, I think it's about unity, committment (or rather committment that comes from ownership), cooperation (because the body is not made up of hands only, but head, and limbs of various kinds, etc.), and of course accountability.
To walk in God's light seems easy. Read the Bible everyday. Pray. But it requires constant determination which has to be renewed each and everyday, such that we can run the race and claim the prize for God's glory.
Are we ready?

1 comment:

. said...

Aiyoh, where's your tagboard?

We missed you at the outing!