Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hallelujah

When a father gives good gifts to his children, you'd know he is a good father.

The NUS system requires us to get approval for modules we intend to take on exchange, and I did, for all the modules i took in CUHK. However, just yesterday, the admin officer emailed me saying that one of the modules (a major module), was not approved! She even showed me the scanned form with the signature on the rejection column.

It was really unfair because they did not inform me about this rejection. If I knew that it was not approved at the beginning, i would not have taken it on exchange, furthermore, it made me worry because i'd have to repeat that module this coming semester. What's more, it's a year 2 module, and i'm already in year 3. Sigh. I was anxious and very angry because I was at a lost of what to do. The only thing i did was to email the department coordinator, who said that she'd help me check with the previous coordinator (who signed the form).

On the trip to the fish market, i kept thinking and worrying. Worried about the number of core modules I'd have to take next semester. Thinking about what to do with the module I took on SEP.

Then Mom reminded me of God's goodness. God is a good God, He'll look after my every need. The music from the car sang "hallelujah" and I realised that the battle was already won, because God is with me, I need not have to worry about anything. He is a father who gives good gifts. He will not leave me in the dumps. So, at that moment, i stopped worrying.

Then, just now, the department coordinator emailed me, saying that the module which was rejected at the start is now accepted as a special case for me. Hallelujah! :)

No comments: